- To provide training to ensure volunteer workers gain insight, knowledge and skillsrelating to Palliative and Aged Care Services.
- To provide volunteer workers with the information required to work safely in a health care environment.
- Introduction to Mission, Vision and Philosophy of Calvary Health Care Sydney
- Comprehensive overview of services offered by Calvary Health Care Sydney
- Overview of Palliative and Aged Care Services
- Overview of patient contact and role of the volunteer
- Development of effective communication skills when speaking with patient and family members
- Overview of physical, emotional, social and spiritual issues that people can encounter at end of life
- Safe Work Practices: Manual Handling, Work Health and Safety, Universal precautions and Fire Safety
- Role description and the boundaries of patient relationships for the volunteer worker
- Rights and responsibilities of volunteering? for the volunteer, the organisation and the client /patient
- Duty of Care- how this applies to your voluntary activity
- Review of duties regarding Privacy and Confidentiality
- Information on self care
- Basic information about Grief, Loss and Bereavement
"For many of us taking on the role of volunteer means entering a world that under normal circumstances would be denied us." Gallasch